Finished the second midterm in this week, and I got 100%,Hureh!
Instead of proof again, new material was introduced this week, that is called big-oh.
Since I've already taken the course CSC148, this is not the first time hearing about this concept.
But I still found it hard when comes to the counting steps part.
Tracing recursive functions i.e. counting-steps is easist under worst-case, which was the mainly case we focus on. Sometimes I couldn't get straight out the counting time under n variables, so I just start from n = 1, then count at n = 2, and then using the induction to get when n is a variable.
Danny describes the big-oh as the 'turkey size' and the function is the 'chicken size'. Cause the biggest chicken is smaller than the turkey, so big-oh is a special way to describe the upper bound of a function. In contrast, the big-omega is the way to describe the lower bound.
No comments:
Post a Comment